Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The things one can buy at a Liquor Store!

Little Di and I went to the liquor store last night to grab a few bottles of wine since we'd previously went to Ralphs, but had forgotten our IDs and therefore walked away empty handed. After we browsed the limited selection of cheaper wines at the store, we eventually made our choices and deposited the bottles on the counter. As Little Di searched in her wallet for cash, I let my eyes wander over the items on the counter: little alcohol bottles, candy bars, "take a dime, leave a dime" container, razors, lighters, energy drinks....hold up, razors? What the hell were razors doing on the counter of a liquor store? I just had to ask.

"You wouldn't believe it, but those sell like crazy," the Irish Clerk informs me. "Seriously?" I exclaim. Little Di, having finally caught on to what we were going on about, says she would never use a single open razor sitting in a metal cup bought from a liquor store. "We sell about four packs a week. That cup," the clerk points at the cut in half, a 3rd filled Progresso soup can containing about 8 razors, "was full this morning." We stare at the clerk in disbelief. The clerk is laughing now and says, "Yeah, when my brother told me to put out razors I didn't understand why, but hey, it works."

Little Di and I left the store pondering over who would buy a single razor from a liquor store and the only people we could think would, would be one night stand men trying to shave before work or a person who has an impromptu date and needs to shave quickly - this could be a man or woman. Do any of my lovely readers have opinions on this matter or have you/would you buy a single razor from a liquor store?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of people like to kill themselves on the spur of the moment.

Post a Comment