Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Blue Dance

I went out to a bar last night to celebrate my dear friend, Val, getting married. Me, along with about ten other lovely girls, dressed poor Val in a constantly shedding white boa, a feathered tiera, and a giant "diamond" ring that blinked a blue light for all of an hour before the battery died (I had hoped it would blink all night so in case we lost Val somewhere in a crowd - she's 5'2" - we'd be able to find her) and headed to a downtown bar after dinner at a shabu-shabu restaurant (a place where you pay to cook your own food. It's kind of cool in a way, but not sure the prices are worth the effort).

At the bar, someone of course handed Val another Blue Hawaiian (it seemed Val's theme of the night was blue - blue dress, at one point she had on a blue boa, a blue blinking ring, etc) and made her dance to the 70/80's bad house music. I think since it was prom night for most of the local High Schools, the DJ was nostalgic for their all Alma Mater and thought he'd give the bar customers a throw back. Sorry dude, wrong decade for that type of music. Anyhow, Val, the lightweight that she is, didn't care how terrible the beat of the music was and danced her little heart out. Of course, wearing a feathered boa and a tiera, tends to make you stick out (even in a dimly lit pub), so she got a lot of interesting admirers - one being a crowd of scantly dressed women, all wearing 4-inch or higher heels.

Now my friends: Cindy, Dawn, and Joy, plus myself, spent the better part of the bar portion of the evening contemplating how one of these scantly dressed women wasn't flashing her panties (if she was even wearing any) to the crowd gathered around her. Her dress was a clingy black tube thing with thin straps and ended just short of her upper thighs. It seemed to be a little longer in the front than the back, but I attribute that to the fact she had an ass. The back of the dress stopped just below her rump and here is what all of us were pondering, "did she tape the dress to her body so it wouldn't ride up or is someone going to get a show later on?" I also wanted to know if she was ever planning on sitting down that whole evening as I'm sure the heels would be killing her feet, but then if she sat down she would be doing a great impression of Basic Instinct?

Just the things to entertain a group of girls not interested in doing the two step with random bad dancers and to an outdated beat. The bar was very nice aside from DJ, and if I was ever downtown again, I might consider going back. So, I leave my amazing readings (and yes, I'm happy to say I have a few - thank you guys for being loyal to me) with another question: Do any of you have stories about weird things people wear on a night out?

No comments:

Post a Comment