Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Must See Film!

My Friend, the amazing Julien Nitzberg, is a brilliant documentary filmmaker that just completed a new documentary on an insane and extremely entertaining West Virgina family. He spent a year following around a group of drug obsessed hillbillies that love having a good time and being with family, no matter all the stupid shit family can do to piss you off. His film has premiered at Tribeca Film Festival and is now opening in Los Angeles on June 25th. It is also on "On Demand". I highly recommend this film to anyone over the age of 18. Not really appropriate for the little kids as there's drug use, nudity, and swearing...but that just means it's even better for all of us with slightly dirty, corrupt minds.

Now, for all you folks out there that think documentaries are...gasp...boring, you're in for a surprise. This film is highly entertaining, and surprisingly funny. You're immediately sucked into the family's drama, wanting to learn more about their problems while trying to comprehend how a person can think and act the way they do. I encourage everyone to take a step outside of their comfort zone (or suck up their pride if they think it's "girlie" to watch docs) and go see this movie. Support Julien while entertaining yourselves!

You can find out more information on the film at http://www.wildandwonderfulwhites.com/

or watch the trailer below:

1 comment:

Sasha said...

Ok this is a weird coincidence because I recently discovered this movie and am OBSESSESED with it. I have watched it like 5 times already, made my husband watch it right away (cause his family is actually like that sadly), and have told all my friends they need to see this film (although they just nod and humor me by saying "yeah ok Sasha, another documentary you love blah blah"). So I think it's super cool that you are actually friends with Julien Nitzber. I heard a rumor that there might possibly be a follow up documentary on the Whites to see how they are doing these days! I can only hope.

Post a Comment